My wife and I decided that Veritas would probably be my best route for GMAT prep in re-taking the test. I'm supposed to find out my admission status from Cornell and Tuck by March 31st and the class starts on March 21st (Monday and Wednesday nights), This is the best schedule I could find since I'll be taking Accounting II beginning April 4th on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I had to drop my Calculus class because the applications a month ago made it impossible to keep up my studying for both classes.
Let's just hope I don't have to study for the GMAT again.
Since there are 10 days difference in the dates of admissions status notification and GMAT class start date, I had two options. I chose option 2.
1) Pay $200 plus $175 per class attended if I pull out by March 31st. That would be 3 classes attended. So you do the math. That's a lot of dough.
2) Attend the class after March 31st and pay a $50 late fee and deal with the fact that I missed 3 classes. That's a week and a half of classes missed out of 7 weeks. I'd just have to make up in study time whatever I missed. Since I've studied quite a bit already.. I think missing the first few classes won't be a big deal.